Food Category: PRODUCE & VAP
SpaceGrid® Merchandising System
One of the most difficult areas of the store to keep looking fresh and clean is the bagged salad / value added produce section. Based on the short shelf life and high shrink dollars associated with these food products, there is a strong need to have the older bags sold first. Our newest generation of self facing trays, the SpaceGrid® 2, was specifically designed to tackle these obstacles and offer both you, and your customers the benefits.
The SpaceGrid® Generation 2 trays feature a “slide forward” floor and patented “stay behind” pusher design that both aid in stocking and also ensure a FIFO (first in, first out) inventory movement. The tray easily extends out, by depressing a button and pulling the tray towards you. This allows the stocker to move the older bags of salad forward and then stock the newer ones behind. There is no need to lock the pusher in the back of the tray, like other systems, because the design keeps it in the middle of the tray out of the stockers way, and when they are done, all they have to do is push the tray body in until it locks back in place.
Another huge design benefit of SpaceGrid® 2 is the “built-in air flow management” that our tray provides. For normal refrigerated cooler systems, the shelf acts as an air baffle and channels the cold air that comes from the back of the refrigerated case across the food product, before hitting the air curtain at the front of the case which pushes the air down to the bottom of the case to be recycled. Remove the shelf in lieu of these sophisticated tray systems, and you lose that ability.
Our trays however have a patented design which channels the air more efficiently and does not require the baffle (which is an extra plastic sheet). This adds to the cost of other tray systems and requires additional labor to attach below the row of trays. With our SpaceGrid® 2 system, you simply remove the trays from the box, and hang on the grid! From the box to the case in minutes!
Also, after temperature testing in the field, independent results showed that SpaceGrid® 2 stays at, or even below, the FDA required temperatures. This means a cost and labor savings to you and along with the stocking benefits helps reduce both shrink and out-of-stocks significantly.
SpaceGrid® Features for Bagged Salad - VAP
- Pullout Feature for easy stocking
- Unique design for FIFO (first-in, first-out) inventory management
- Built-in Air Flow Management System (removes the need for a baffle)
- Special Tall Curved Lens to hold and cradle the pillow pack bags being used
- Adjustable, solid plastic side wings protects the packaging and aids in fronting
- Improved and Optimized Presentation at all times
- Reduces in-store labor – Stocking and Conditioning
- Allows you to have a designated home for every SKU
- Reduction in Shrink
- Reduction in Out of Stocks
- Better Inventory Management
- Increased Sales
- Improved Category Profit
SpaceGrid® Makes It Easy
- Easily installs in your refrigerated produce cases.
- Trays and grids are made of durable, high quality materials.
- The trays have adjustable sides, different spring tensions, and specially designed front lenses which work together to accommodate all your different package sizes and weights.
- The trays are easy to hang and move around on the grid. This makes it simple and quick to slot in new products or change an existing plan-o-gram
Did you know?
- The average ROI for our SpaceGrid® system is around 5 months
- Our fixtures have been shown to increase sales 5 – 10% on average versus merchandising on standard shelving
- The SpaceGrid® 2 system has been proven to reduce spoilage and shrink dramatically for perishable items, like bagged salad.
- The SpaceGrid® 2 merchandising system is currently being utilized in over 800 supermarket locations across the country and that number is growing daily
For More Information
To view our products for produce & VAP, please visit our more detailed product gallery